The Weather...
Right Now I Am...
Happy that my best friend recieved her letter in a bottle successfully.
Thinking...
About my upcoming working week, mentally organising what I need to do and who I need to see.
On My Reading Pile...
A stack of Nancy Drew books I found at a charity shop. I loved Nancy Drew as a young girl, and am revelling in the memories that these books evoke for me.
On My TV...
Dr Who
NCIS LA
Favourite Blog Post Of The Week...
Dr Who cookies
Something Fun To Share...
My son and I made the yummiest Hot Cocoa ever.
On The Menu For This Week...
Monday - Takeaway fish and chips
Tuesday - Spaghetti bolognaise
Wednesday - Steamed vegetables with cheese sauce
Thursday - Toasted sandwiches
Friday - Shepherds pie with steamed vegetables
Saturday - Cowboy meal (my son's favourite - mashed potatoes, sausages and baked beans)
Sunday - Hotel food, will be travelling for work
On My To Do List...
Plan a holiday!
Paint second study
In The Craft Basket...
A feather wool scarf for a friend
A new scarf for my son
A quilt for a friend
A quilt for my son
Looking Forward To This Week...
On Saturday we are off on a day trip, which will either be Arltunga Historical Reserve or Alice Springs Desert Park. Arltunga is an old gold mining community, a ghost town now; and the desert park is the most amazing place in the Territory. I recommend clicking on the links if you have time.
Looking Around The House...
All is peaceful. My son and our dog are snuggled on the lounge together reading a Zac Powers book and I am relaxing with my knitting.
From The Camera...
On My Prayer List...
My son as always. He is very bright, yet has no friends and is socially excluded by his classmates. He attends the best school money can pay for, yet despite always having kids over to our place for sleepovers or playdates, it is never reciprocated. In the past twelve months, he has been invited to one event, a 7 year olds birthday party, where he was teased and picked on and when he returned home he confessed that he wished he had never attended. My mother heart breaks for my little one, and I have no solutions. He is an only child, with no cousins. I'm a loner myself, but the dear friends I have are all childless.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment, but please be respectful. Any obscene or suggestive comments will not be published.