JellyPages.com

Monday, 1 April 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/04/2013


The Weather...
Has been very weird lately. Last week it was around 39 degrees celcius, and today it has dropped to 14 degrees celicus overnight and 30 degrees celicus during the day. You can feel the chill of winter starting to creep in, and see it in the shortening days.

Right Now I Am...
Enjoying a lazy lunch of homemade meat pies, while watching some TV with my son. So grateful that today is a public holiday so that I am able to just 'be' with my son, instead of always being in a hurry to get somewhere.

Thinking...
That my study is starting to look amazing! I took advantage of the four day weekend to get in and start painting, half of my study is now clean and freshly painted a renegade red colour. I will do the remaining half over the course of the next week.

On My Reading Pile...
The Family Noboday Wanted by Helen Doss
I first read this book in my early teens, I have since read it uncountable numbers of times, each re-reading bringing warm feelings at the familiar passages. It is the story of a man and a woman, and their desire for a family. But it is also much more. It is the tale of the strength found in a loving family, a family made by love and not biology. It is a reminder that we are all family, flesh and blood or not, skin color and ancestry aside. And it is filled with the humor that only small active children can provide! I highly recommend this book for readers of all ages, and would suggest it to families to read aloud together.

On My TV...
Call The Midwife Season 1 and 2.
I love this show, a series based on the real life of Jenny Lee. If you missed it when it aired, it is well worth aquiring from iTunes.

Favourite Blog Post Of The Week...
Pressed flower iPhone case DIY tutorial

Something Fun To Share...
Slumber parties! We have a spare queen sized foam mattress, which is kept in the shed. Whenever Mr 7 gets a new DVD or there is a fmily movie on TV, we drag the mattress into the loungeroom and pile it high with pillows and blankets. We get homemade snacks and chill out together, making memories.

On The Menu For This Week...
Monday - Corned Beef with mashed potato, butternut pumpkin and purple carrots
Tuesday - Leftover corned beef omlettes
Wednesday - Spaghetti bolognaise with spinach fettucine
Thursday - Mixed vegetables with a cheese sauce
Friday - Homemade lasagne with garden salad
Saturday - Toasted sandwiches
Sunday - Toad in the hole with mashed potato and mixed vegetables

On My To Do List...
Package up my weekly care packages for my soldier serving overseas.
Write a couple of letters to dear friends.
Plan a holiday!

In The Craft Basket...
A feather wool scarf for a friend
A new scarf for my son

Looking Forward To This Week...
Finishing off a few DIY projects I have started around the house. And some cooler weather.

Looking Around The House...
My boy is watching TV, the dog is sleeping on the couch again, and our resident birdie is sitting in her nest in the front garden.

From The Camera...

Our dog Zeus in my son's cubby house.

On My Prayer List...
My Nanna, she is 81 and starting to deteriorate. I find it particularly distressing as we have always been the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, but please be respectful. Any obscene or suggestive comments will not be published.